A man was brought to the hospital, and taken quickly in for emergency
surgery. The operation went well, and as the groggy man regained
consciousness, he was reassured by a Sister of Mercy, who was waiting
by his bed.

"Mr. Smith, you're going to be just fine," said the nun, gently
patting his hand. "We do need to know, however, how you intend to pay
for your stay here. Are you covered by insurance?"

"No, I'm not," the man whispered hoarsely.
"Can you pay in cash?" persisted the nun.
"I'm afraid I cannot, Sister."
"Well, do you have any close relatives?" the nun essayed.
"Just my sister in New York," he volunteered. "But she's a spinster nun."

"Oh, I must correct you, Mr. Smith. Nuns are not 'spinsters;' they are
married to God."

"Really...wonderful," said Smith. "In that case, you can send the bill
to my brother-in-law!

This entry was posted on 5:37 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment